Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Town Trip Recount Mason

  

On Thursday  Tumu Hub went to Margaret Mahy Playground and we had 4 activities.  The 4 activities were a ride on the waka, Victoria Square, Margaret Mahy Playground, the Maori mats on the concrete and feeding the eels. 


The first one that I did in my team was the waka.The waka was fun. My friends and I made a song about the waka but sadly me and my team had to leave for the next rotation. Then we went to Victoria Square. We looked at all of the sculptures and some pou. Mrs Carney took the next activity. We had a scavenger hunt and we had to find some carved objects on the ground. At Mrs Bryceś activity we looked at the mats carved in the ground and we fed the eels. The eel took my spoon.


My favourite part of the trip was going on to the waka because me and my friends made a song about the waka.


Something I learnt at the Avon river is cold Ōtākaro in Maori.

 

The thing I found the most interesting was the mats because they have patterns with different colours and meanings.


This trip has helped me with my PBL because we saw some pou and we are going to design some for our school. 


Did you learn anything from my blog post?












Town Trip Recount Mason 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mason, I really liked the way you explained your trip to town!I learned that people keep in tune when they row the ores. Maybe next time you could describe your trip a bit more? Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Mason, Patrick Here.
    Hope your having an amazaing holiday. Maybe next time, You should check your spelling on words, you spelled called wrong, you spelled it like cold ans in freezing. Well anyways, Cheerio!.
    -Patrick :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Mason,

    Well you certainly have included a lot of information about your trip into town. Funny that the eel took your spoon. How did you feel about that, was it a surprise at the time? I didn't know that Ōtākaro, was the Maori name for the Avon river. Your never to old to learn. Did you know all these things were in the city before you went on the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ki Ora Mason, I was thankful to be in your group when we went there. it sounds like you had a great time. The mats were really interisting.
    Why was the Waka your Favourite activity.
    Thanks from Maz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ki Ora maz thanks for the comment i like being in your group we did a lot of activities and The Waka was my favourite to we made a song about the Waka.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ki Ora Mason

    I liked how you explain that really well and my favourite part about the trip was the Waka and yes i learnt a lot about the Waka.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post